|Service Area||389 Square Miles|
|Water Mains in Service||985 Miles|
|Water Storage Tanks||11|
|Water Storage Capacity||16,000,000 Gallons|
|Primary Water Source||Groundwater|
Drinking Water Sources
The Madison County Water Department uses water from seven different sources to provide drinking water to its customers.
- The three primary sources are groundwater sources:
- Bo Howard Well
- Hazel Green Well
- Cress Well / Mountain Fork Water Treatment Plant
- Other four sources are a part of Huntsville Utilities’ water system:
- Lincoln/Dallas Water Treatment Plant - a groundwater source
- South Parkway Water Treatment Plant (SPWTP), Southwest Water Treatment Plant (SWWTP) and Southeast Water Treatment Plant (SEWTP) – all Huntsville Utilities’ Tennessee River surface water source treatment plants
If you would like more specifics about where your water comes from, please contact the Water Department for more information.