107 Wholesale Avenue, Huntsville, AL 35811
The Madison County Waste Control Department provides curb side garbage collection to approximately 70,000 residential and business customers in Madison County and routes all requests for trash collection (old furniture, appliances, tree limbs, etc.), to the proper district. Citizens with questions or problems related to garbage should call this office.
Ray Boles, Director
The Madison County Waste Control Department provides regular garbage pick-up service to all Madison County residents who live outside the city limits of Huntsville.
Monday - Thursday 7:00 am -4:00 pm
Fridays 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- New customers please fill out the New Service Request form and return by email, mail or fax.
- A second automated garbage cart may be obtained at $5.00 per month. This fee will be added to your utility bill. Fill out the 2nd Cart Request Formand either fax, mail or email it to the address on the form to request a second cart.
- Damaged or missing carts please fill out the request for cart repair form and return by email, or fax.
- Only Carts provided by Madison County will be serviced.
- Place only food, paper products, and items you usually place in kitchen and bathroom containers in the automated cart. No Yard Waste or Ashes
- All garbage must be bagged and placed inside county provided container.
- Place your cart at the curb before 6:00 a.m. on collection day with arrows pointing toward roadway.
- Place the cart 3 feet from any mailbox, telephone poles, parked cars, recycle bins, cars, or any obstruction.
- Automated Carts containing non–household items will not be serviced.
- Trucks will not return to collect carts that are placed out late, blocked, too close to obstructions, or contains non-household items.
- Drivers are not responsible for the clean-up of spillage that is a result of overfilled carts or garbage not being bagged.
- Madison County Waste Control Bill Adjustment Policy
Curbside Trash Pick-up for Yard Debris & Large Items
Madison County Commission Districts provide regular trash pick-up service to county residents. Contact your District office:
District One: 256-828-0726
District Two: 256-532-1590
District Three: 256-723-4247
District Four: 256-852-8351
Take bulky items such as shingles, construction debris and appliances to the Huntsville Landfill at 4100 Leeman Ferry Road or call 256-881-8700.
Tires need to be taken to the Huntsville Waste-to-Energy Facility at 5251 Triana Boulevard or call 256-880-6054.
To find out when your regularly scheduled garbage pick up day is click on the first letter of your street name:
||Q & R
||U & V
|W Y & Z
Visit the Solid Waste Disposal Authority for additional information on recycling.
The Solid Waste Disposal Authority of the City of Huntsville has a new and improved curbside recycling collection program, called Recycling Alliance of North Alabama (RANA). In order to participate in this program and get a rolling recycling cart, residents must sign up on the RANA website. or call 256-801-(CART).
If there is a problem with recycling collection please call Solid Waste Disposal Authority at 256-830-2278.
RANA will ONLY accept #1 and #2 narrow-neck plastic bottles, aluminum and steel bi-metal cans, clean paper products, and flattened cardboard that fits in the cart (cut down to size, if necessary).