The following applies to the installation of private, business, commercial, or other signs and/or structures along or within Madison County rights-of-way and easements:
- The installation of private, business, commercial, or other signs and/or structures is prohibited within Madison County rights-of-way and public easements.
- All structures that meet any of the following criteria will require a Building Permit:
- Size exceeds 4' x 8' (area)
- Is constructed with materials other than pressure treated lumber
- Has an electrical connection or utilizes exterior lighting
- Is an elevated sign or structure
- We recommend anyone installing any structure or sign along a Madison County right-of-way seek consultation from the Building Inspection Department or the Department of Public Works regarding the requirements for proper installation.
For questions regarding these documents or other ROW Management concerns, please contact:
Phone: (256) 746-2900
or the Madison County Attorney:
Direct: (256) 519-2061