House Numbering

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Madison County Public Works manages all house numbering and addressing in unincorporated Madison County.  A house number/address is required in order to obtain a building permit for a residential or commercial structure.  The following items listed below are required to obtain a house number in Madison County:

  • Proof of property ownership (deed)
  • 30' of frontage along or access to an existing public right-of-way
  • Fee: $25 payable in cash or check

For all House Numbering questions and/or requests, please contact:

Heather Renfroe                                    OR                   Brandi Harper

Direct: (256) 746-2909                                                    Phone: (256) 746-2900

Email:                          Email: